Allowing people to effectively “jump” to certain part of a webpage can help businesses grow better. But doing it right is more important than doing it wrong. Here’s how to add jump links to your content, step-by-step.Try This Link
1. Give the object or text you’d like to link to a name.
In a normal linking scenario, the thing you need to link to has a URL of its own. But in this scenario, the page you want to link to and the page the link is on is one and the same — so you’ve got to make up a name for the link’s destination.
I’d recommend using word or phrase that describes the link’s destination. If you use a phrase, there should be no spaces — use underscores instead.
Let’s say we wanted to link to an example of a company using Facebook ads in a post. Here’s what I’d use as my object’s name:
Now, onto the next step.
2. Take the name you’ve chosen and insert it into an opening HTML anchor link tag.
Translation: Replace the red section of the tag below with the name you chose in the previous step:
<a id=”Place 1″>
<a id=”Place 1″>will go.
3. Place that complete opening <a> tag from above before the text or object you want to link to, and add a closing </a> tag after.
Doing this sets the location of link. This is what your code should look like now:
<a id=”Place 1″>The object you want to link to.</a>
<a id=”Place 1″>This is the Facebook ad example I want to link to.</a>
4. Create the hyperlink that’ll take you to that text or object.
Now, go to the part of the post you’d like to have the hyperlink in. You’ll need to add a typical hyperlink HTML markup, but in the part where you’d typically include a URL, you’ll include the pound symbol (#) then the name of the object you’re linking to. Here’s what it looks like:
<a href=”#Place 1“>Click here to see the content below.</a>
<a href=”#Place 1″>Click here to see an example .</a>
5. Voila! You’ve got a functioning hyperlink between two pieces of content on the same page.
Put the Link Wher Do you Want <a href="Place1">Click Here</a> Put the Place Where Want to go <a id="Place1">